Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Outburst of a Heartbreaker

Deborah Tavares
Erika Inácio
Ewerton Mendonça de Oliveira
I only could remember and feel the pain that moment. After all the things I had done; after all the doubts I had faced; after hurting myself for playing games with my heart. My past was trying to drag me back into darkness and I was trying my best not to let it be. I had to kill the questions and I had to make the answers disappear... because no longer I wanted to belong to something only able to exist in dreams and thoughts. I am human. I need protection. I need to feel warmed. I need to free myself from this curse although I know it demands another spell just to happen.
MY HAND TREMBLED AS I PUNCHED THE NUMBER INTO THE PHONE. I guess it had to be that moment or I would never do it. I could hear voices by my side, telling me not to follow the reasonable path. I have always been touched by emotion. It happens that... lately, I've been going through the motions... Losing every sense of direction. Something that is supposed to be good must be good under all circumstances. And when all the lights turn out and no matter how hard you try it's quite impossible to look clear any little ahead - it means that something is really wrong. I had lost myself in the mirror. I had done things I never thought I would do. I was ashamed of me, of her, of them... That's when I decided to turn the table and kill it. And for the first time in our story, I myself would say such words: stay away from me.
She took it hard. Suddenly I was the one walking away and turning my back on everything I thought I knew. I figured out we would be a waste of time. A waste of pride. A waste of soul. I heard she was crying on the other side. Incredibly I felt like she was the other side of the world to me. I didn't realize I was screaming within - "You're a killer! A fucking heartbreaker, bitch!" - until my head asked for silence. I kept thinking to myself: "Relax, dude. You've made it right! Imagine the things you'll be able to do now... Accept your freedom". And if I had to suffer to forget - I would; if I had to hurt - I would. I was supposed to. Time fixes the rest and tomorrow I am going to rebuild my identity.
It's amazing how fragile we become when it concerns love. Sometimes you have found the right person, but you're not satisfied yet. So you go after the wrong one. And you become wrong. And suddenly it's too late and the damage is scattering. Opportunities pass you by. You cry. You go through hard times until one day you wake up and make up your mind. You stop believing. You start taking for granted every little word that once would make you smile. You give up on the future, since the Future is nothing more than living the present. In a materialistic world, you're one of the few looking for a certain feeling. Nevertheless, there's no space for self-pity. Nobody can save you from yourself. In the end, everything keeps on moving and the first step you must take is to feel the rhythm. The hardest thing in this life is to live it. But maybe, just maybe, it's not that hard. It's just... living.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Liked a post? Leave a comment.

 
;