Monday, September 21, 2009

Creative Writing with Google Docs - Story 5

The call of my memories
Douglas Soares
Fanny Blaquiere
Roseane Tiburcio
I was so anxious that I couldn't sleep during all night. So finally the sun came up in the east and I could get out of my bed. I chose to wear my best clothes and then I started to wait by the phone. My family was not at home and they didn't know anything about the reason of my inquietude. I felt nervous when I picked up the phone. I almost could not believe what I had just listened to. It was a moment that people wait all their lives, though there's no reaction to perform. I had figured out my prophecy. Supposed to be my second life in this world I had had a whole week of what people call deja vu's. Doctors weren't able to grasp the matter. However, my last dream showed me more than I was ready to face. Finally, I heard a woman's voice when I picked up the phone. At first impression, I didn't recognize her. She was babbling, and I couldn't understand clearly what she was saying. After some time I became aware of the situation. I couldn't believe it was her voice...the last time I had heard her, she was sitting at my side on the blue engine that my friend had lent to me to go to the cottage for the weekend. I remember the smell of her perfume, something sweet that her mum had offered her for her birthday. I was driving inside the forest during a wonderful summer day. Carrie seemed to be happy to go away with me, we were both 20, and we were the two figures of what we call " The free Youth". It is true, Carrie and I, were free...we had grown together in the same village, we had gone to the same elementary school and after to the same high school. Our parents let us experiment both the good and bad moments of our lifes. Carrie was the good friend, the one that I could trust, the one, the perfect one who could come with me on the way of our existences. She has always pretending that she was not in love with me, but I know that sometimes, we both enjoyed our time together.

Carrie, was always with me, and this weekend we had decided to leave the town to go sailing on the lake. Few years before, my parents had bought a little boat to sail. When we arrived we took our luggage off the car, and started to get ready. It was 3 p.m.in the afternoon and the sun shone quiet a lot. We got ready in a few moment and went away with the sailboat in the lake. A little bit later, we arrived on a little island. Everything was very quiet, we could just see the trees and the beach apparently made up of rocks. Nobody else was there. We decided to camp there, and started the barbecue. The night was already coming, and after a brief dinner, we decided to go to sleep. Carrie was lying down at my side, and quickly we felt asleep.

At 6:00 am, I woke up because of the cold of the night. I turned my head to my right side, and...couldn't see Carrie anymore. I went out of the camp and started to search her....I screamed all night long, bur Carrie never appeared. I knew at that moment that I wouldn't see her again, during a long moment, or just maybe, never again. How I wanted to keep seeing her. Maybe exchange letters with her! But time came cruel over my life and I kept walking with tough steps in the dead grass. My feeling of freedom was gone of my mind so I decided to leave to city I was living until then. As years passed I played the song as the choir did. Followed the flow as my last alternative.
Though I wasn't prepared to what happened, it wasn't completely out of the blue that I started to feel a bit different. My dreams were in a antic way changing. For a better or worse was my standing question. As soon as I could recognize Carrie's voice I got sick of my soul. How deep she had dug into my life. I had been taught to suffer by very practical terms. However the moment was of forgotten sores. The most important thing was that she was alive again. Not only in my memories but in me. A heavy cost is this one life charges us. I came to requite her unconditional, gifted love too late.
These memories came to my mind in seconds, and when I turned my attention to what she was saying I realized that the line was disconnected.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Liked a post? Leave a comment.

 
;