Saturday, September 19, 2009

Creative Writing with Google Docs - Story 1

A Difficult Choice

Herbert Silva
Sofia Guz
Abrão Neto


I was taking a rest at home when suddenly the telephone rang. It rang in a different way, somehow I knew. Bad news? Good news? Who is phoning me, I thought. I felt nervous when I picked up the phone.
This story started some months ago when I met three different girls at the same night in a party. From this time on I realized that my life will be changed forever. One of them was a lady, elegant, well dressed and rich woman but she was not a beautiful woman, actually, she was a middle aged woman. There is not problem for me but what the others would think about me, probably that I am only interested in her money, what could be true. The other girl was pretty. She had a dark long hair, green eyes and a large smile, the most beautiful brunette that I have ever seen. She was not inside the club because it was not allowed to enter without an invitation. Although she knew some people there, she couldn't take part in the party because she was poor, and the hostess, that elegant middle aged woman, definitely didn't like people from a lower social class. The last one was a married woman who was in a process of divorce but her husband did not want to accept it. I have to say she was the most interesting of them. Maybe because she was married, she "belongs" to other, the challenger...I don't know. I had to take a risk. I got involved with the three women simultaneously. It was the most dangerous adventure that I've ever lived. I should have stopped that kidding when I had time to do but things became more and more difficult throughout those months. It was a hard choice.
To make this story easy to understand I am going to describe the intentions of the three women. Mrs. Helen was 55 when I met her. She was known as the dark widow because her last two husbands had passed away in an unknown circumstance. She usually chose her futures lovers in these parties where she invited lots of people to have fun. Then in the end of the party, she picked someone up to make an "indecent" proposal. That day she chose a young guy who kept still in front of her. I couldn't imagine that situation. The guy was me. For some minutes I wondered what to do. The last one that had refused her invitation disappeared mysteriously. I was scared.
In the beginning of that night I had met Michelle, that brunette I mentioned before. She was in front of the club where the party would be. Her sweet voice hypnotized me at the same time she talked to me. It was love at the first sight. Unfortunately, there was a problem. I was looking for someone who had money, only for my own ends. I was a mercenary man who didn't deserve her. That night was longer than I had imagined.
Then, in the end of the night, some minutes after I had been chosen by Mrs. Helen, more precisely when I slipped out of her hands, I met Julia who was arguing seriously with her husband. She asked me for help and I couldn't refuse her request. The problem was that the violent man accused me of being her lover and gave me a black eye. After punching him too, I escaped with Julia to my home. On that night we really became lovers...What a night!! Julia was the woman of my life. Soft, sensual, touchy, intelligent...Why should she be married and financially embarrassed?
Before that night, I was sure about my targets but now...Anyway, at dawn she left me and I was lost. But not for a long time. At night I met Michelle and forgot all my troubles hypnotized with her sweet voice and magic green eyes. A few days after I realized my situation: Mrs. Helen chose me (and that was what I wanted, although all my fears), Julia chose me (that was what I wanted too) and Michelle, oh!, sweet Michelle, the only one that didn't flirt me. In fact, she ignored me. Next week Mrs. Helen called me and said I should be at her house on Saturday night. Just Saturday! I have already invited Julia to a date (at my house, of course). I didn't know what to do. How could I deal with that mess? Suddenly, I had an insight: what if I just disappear in a puff of smoke? Nobody finding me, I would be safe. I couldn't think in nothing else as coward as I am, so I went to a hotel and spend the next three days hidden from the world. After that I returned home. Now we are at the beginning of my misfortune. I was taking a rest at home when suddenly the telephone rang. I wondered: Who is there? Nobody knows I am here! There was no voice, I only could hear a huge laugh. I forgot it immediately and opened my newspaper. Then, something surprised me. I was really in shock. The headline: DOUBLE HOMICIDE. Having read the entire news I realized that who were killed was nobody less than Mrs. Helen and Julia!! And I was the main suspect!! I thought that could have been the betrayed Julia's husband but Mrs. Helen! he hadn't anything against her. Actually, he didn't know her.
Suddenly, Michelle arrived at my house and laughed at me. I immediately recognized that one. Now the penny drops!! Michelle...my brunette...That's why she was so strange and avoiding me. She loved me in secret. However, she was jealous and crazy!!! She had arrived to kill me, and almost achieved her objective. She shot me but to my luck she only hit my leg. So, I had to choose between my life and her life. I think you already know which was my choice. On the contrary, I wouldn't be here to tell you this story.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Liked a post? Leave a comment.

 
;