Monday, September 21, 2009

Creative Writing with Google Docs - Story 4

Was it enough?
Jurandir Oliveira
Robson Teotônio da Silva
Deyse Nunes da Silva

I felt nervous when I picked up the phone. It was late at night and I was already asleep, when the phone rang. It was so loud I thought it was under my pillow, the darkness of my bedroom didn't help me to realize where I had dropped it. Then I looked around me, but I couldn´t see anything, everything was so dark! And the phone continued ringing, I jumped from my bed and tried to turn the light on, I was so angry and nervous with that annoying sound that kept ringing and when I said 'hello', the call was disconnected. And I couldn´t sleep anymore, this fact made me so angry, how can someone call you and not say anything? I thought that was a joke.
I couldn´t believe anything like this, just on a day when I was so tired, this happened to me. I would be very glad if it stopped ringing then. But my phone rang again. Should I answer it? Or should I fake I was not at home. I had tried to answer it a few minutes ago, then if the caller was the same, he or she would know I was at home. So I felt nervous when I picked up the phone and I glanced at my watch on the book I had bought two days ago, it was almost midnight. I didn`t listen to anything exactly because the caller's voice was very distant and I had a lot of difficulties to understand who was talking to me. After some minutes I could perceive that it was my lover on the other side... . "My dear ..." I could hear, "... It's me ...". What could I do? Was my lover sick, was my lover drunk? A lot of confusing ideas appeared quickly in my mind.
Then the call was disconnected again and I couldn't listen to any word clearly, after that I lost my sleep completely, and I was anxious about what my lover had to say to me at that time. Thus, I decided to go to the kitchen, I remembered that my grandmother had told me that a cup of milk was good when we have insomnia and I really needed to drink something so that I could be more relaxed to know what I should do in a moment.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Liked a post? Leave a comment.

 
;